The following 2-part video outlines the journey that they have embarked upon in utilizing the Daily 5. It clearly demonstrates the increase in student engagement, achievement, and success in both reading and writing with all of their learners.
Video One provides information on the following:
- The Daily 5 and all of its components
- Teacher voices and perspectives on teaching and utilizing this structure in their classrooms
- Watching the Daily 5 in ACTION in all classrooms, Kindergarten to Grade 8
Video Two provides information on the following:
- Use of the CAFE Menu
- Collaborative planning for use of Daily 5
- What is kept in a book box and how to I PICK a good fit book
- Use of the Teacher Pensieve
If you wish to learn more, we invite you to contact the great staff at GMS to see how the Daily 5 has helped to bring "Literacy To Life" at Gladys McDonald school. Principal Lori Daelick would love to set up a visit for you.
A special thank you to the administration and staff of GMS for sharing their journey with us. It is easy to see that there truly are "No Excuses" when it comes to learning at Gladys McDonald School.
Everyone can and will learn!